OBJECTIVES: The role holder is envisioned to support the Programmes Coordinator in the development of proposals, concept notes and support to the Mauritania Mission in the reporting of on going projects of the emergency response programs. The post holder will be expected to lead the coordination between technical and operational teams to ensure that proposals are developed in coordination. Along with developing high quality proposals, the post-holder is also expected to work closely with program supervisors to document project achievements for donor reports
- Lead on the development of concept notes and funding proposals (include Go No Go Summary Decision for SMT Approval, log frames and budgets), ensuring coordination and information sharing between technical and operation teams (finance, logistics,.).
- In conjunction with the Programme Coordinator and the Desk Manager, he/she tracks funding opportunities, including calls for funding progress of proposals, submission deadlines, financing available. Ensure all appropriate donor and Save the Children proposal formats are available in country.
- Coordinate the preparation of timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal SC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Work closely with the Monitoring & Evaluation team to ensure sector technical leads have the required tools to put in place sectoral M&E plans
- Ensure all proposal and concept note submissions to donors are reviewed and approved by the Humanitarian Coordinator or delegates as appropriate
- Act as focal point for all queries and additional information requests from donors or colleagues.
- Document program successes to share with Save the Children members and donors
- Any other tasks assigned by the Line manager
- MSc/Bachelors degree in Social Science/ Development/ Economics.
- Fluent written and spoken Spanish, English and French
- Previous experience, at least 2 years of project management and project cycle management, including project design, implementation and evaluation.
- Excellent skills in proposals budgeting.
- Ability to analyse financial reports.
- Experience of leading the preparation successful funding (narrative and budget) proposals and reports for donors, including ECHO, DEVCO, USAID, Spanish Cooperation and Save the Children members.
- Understanding of CAP and Appeal processes
- Good understanding of donor compliance and SC reporting mechanisms and requirements
- Proven capacity to deliver training and coach staff
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relationships with a variety of actors.
- Able to work under pressure and adapt to evolving and complex humanitarian context and within multidisciplinary and different cultural background teams.
- Proven ability to handle large and varied workloads, and deal constructively with stress.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children.
- In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Commitment and compliance with SC Values, Vision and Mission; Code of Conduct and Security Protocols
- MUST have Spanish or European work permit.